Te estoy tejiendo un par de alas, sé que te irás cuando termine...pero no soporto verte sin volar.

-Andrés Castuera-Micher

martes, 17 de enero de 2012

¿CÓMO ESTUDIAR LOS VERBOS IRREGULARES EN INGLÉS?




Remember: Today, I eat bread. (infinitive)
Yesterday, I ate bread. (past simple)
I have eaten bread three times this week. (past participle)

Awake
I usually_______________at 7 in the morning.
Yesterday I ________________ at 6 in the morning.
I had just _________________when the bell rang.

Be/Am/Are/Is
I _______________tired today. They _______________ tired today.
I _______________ mad yesterday. They _______________ mad yesterday.
I have _______________ mad before.

Become
She will _______________a princess today.
She _______________ a princess yesterday.
She has _______________ a princess already.

Begin
He _______________ school today.
He _______________ school yesterday.
He had _______________ school already.

Bend
I usually _______________ my rubber.
Yesterday, I _______________ my rubber.
I had already _______________ my rubber.

Bet
I _______________ him $3 today.
Yesterday, I _______________ him $3.
I had already _______________ him $3.


Bite
The dog always _______________ his bone.
Yesterday, the dog _______________his bone.
The dog had already _______________ his bone.

Bleed
I normally _______________ if I get a paper cut.
I _______________ yesterday when I got a paper cut.
I have _______________ from a paper cut before.

Blow
I usually _______________ on hot soup.
Yesterday, I_______________ on hot soup.
I already had _______________ on that hot soup.

Break
I never _______________ my toys.
Yesterday, I _______________ a toy.
I have _______________ a toy before.

Bring
I _______________ my school bag every day.
I _______________ my school bag yesterday.
I had already _______________ my school bag.

Build
I never _______________ bridges.
He _______________a bridge yesterday.
Have you _______________ a bridge before?

Burn
I always _______________ wood in a fire.
Yesterday, I _______________ wood in a fire.
Has he already _______________ wood in a fire?

Buy
I never _______________ my lunch.
Yesterday I _______________ my lunch.
I have already _______________ my lunch.

Catch
In basketball, I always _______________ the ball.
Yesterday, in basketball, I _______________the ball.
I have already _______________ the basketball.

Come
I always _______________ to school at 9 o’clock.
Yesterday I _______________ to school at 9 o’clock.
I had already _______________ to school by 9 o’clock.

Cost
Those pants usually _______________ 10 euro.
Yesterday, those pants _______________t 10 euro.
Those pants already had _______________10 euro.

Cut
I always _______________ my sandwiches with a knife.
Yesterday, I _______________ my sandwich with a knife.
I had already _______________ my sandwich with knife.

Choose
I never _______________to watch that TV program.
Yesterday, I _______________  to watch that TV program.
Have you ever _______________  to watch that TV program?


Do
He always _______________his homework.
He _______________ his homework yesterday.
He had already _______________ his homework.

Draw
I usually _______________ pictures.
Yesterday, I _______________ a picture.
Has he ever _______________ a picture before?

Dream
I never _______________ about monsters.
Last night, I _______________ about monsters.
I have _______________ about monsters before.

Drink
I always _______________ juice at lunchtime.
Last week, I _______________ juice at lunchtime.
I have already_______________ my juice.

Drive
I always _______________carefully.
Yesterday, I _______________ carefully.
Have you ever _______________ carefully?

Eat
I _______________ breakfast every day.
I _______________ breakfast yesterday.
I’ve already_______________ breakfast.

Fall
I never _______________down.
Yesterday, I _______________ down.
I’ve already_______________ down.

Feed
I _______________ my cat every day.
I _______________ my cat yesterday.
I’ve already _______________ my cat.

Feel
I _______________ happy today.
I _______________ happy yesterday.
I’ve _______________ happy before.

Fight
I never_______________ with my friends.
But yesterday, I _______________ with my friends.
Has she ever _______________ with her friends?

Find
He never _______________ the treasure.
Yesterday, he _______________ the treasure.
He’s already _______________ the treasure.

Fly
Birds _______________ every day.
A bird _______________ yesterday.
A bird has _______________ before.

Forbid
I _______________ you to eat chocolate today.
Yesterday, I_______________ you to eat chocolate.
I’ve already_______________you to eat chocolate.


Forget
I never _______________ the right answer.
Yesterday, I _______________ the right answer.
I have _______________ the right answer before.

Get
On Mondays, I _______________ to school early.
Last year, I always _______________ to school early.
I´ve never _______________ to school late.

Give
I always _______________ the best Christmas presents to my mom.
My mom said I _______________ her the best gift ever.
If I had not _______________ my mom a present, she would be sad.

Go
They_______________ on field trips (excursions) all the time.
Yesterday, we _______________ to the Micropolix.
I wish I had _______________ to school instead.

Grow
Every summer, I _______________ flowers in my garden.
Last time, the roses _______________ the biggest.
I have _______________ roses, tulips and daises in my garden.

Hang
Remember to _______________up your jacket before you sit down.
Rafa _______________ his jacket on the back of the chair.
They have _______________ their jackets on the wall properly.

Have
They _______________ an expensive car.
Before they won they lottery, they _______________ a cheap car.
I´ve never _______________a car, because I´m only twelve years old.

Hear
Did you _______________ the bell ring?
I _______________ it while I was in the playground.
I have never_______________ the bell ring as loudly as it did today.

Hide
Every Halloween, I like to _______________ my candies from my sister.
This year, she _______________ her candies from me.
We have _______________our candies from one another.

Hit
Today, the ball _______________me in the face.
I went to the hospital after the ball _______________me.
During soccer, the ball has _______________me in the face many times.  

Hold
I _______________my mom´s hand when I cross the street.
When I was a baby, my mom _______________ me in her arms.
Have you ever _______________your mom´s hand before?

Hurt
Today my best friend _______________ my feelings.
When she said my sweater was ugly, it _______________my feelings.
She has never _______________ my feelings before.  

Keep
I _______________ the door to my house locked at all times.
One day, I _______________ it unlocked on accident.
The lock has always _______________ my house secure.


Know
Do you _______________ the answers for the test today?
He _______________ all the answers.
The teacher has made it _______________that the test will be easy.

Learn
In 6th grade, we _______________ about the geography of Spain.
Last year we _______________ about Spain´s history.
We have never _______________ about Spain´s economy.

Leave
Did you _______________Madrid today?
I wish we _______________ on the same train.
Have you _______________ already?

Lend
I always _______________ a hand to my neighbors.
When someone stole their car, we _______________ them ours.
They have _______________us their bicycles before.

Light
When its cold outside, I _______________ the fire.
Every December, our fire is always _______________.
I have _______________ the fire using a match many times.

Lose
Where did you _______________ your wallet today?
She _______________ it in the metro.
I´ve never _______________ my wallet before.

Make
We _______________ cookies every Christmas Eve.
Last year, we _______________ cookies shaped like Santa Claus.
I have never _______________ cookies shaped like a reindeer.

Mean
I always _______________ what I say.
Yesterday, I _______________ what I said.
I had _______________ to call you, but I forgot.

Meet
Let´s _______________ at the bus stop after school.
It is the same place we _______________yesterday.
We have never_______________ anywhere else after school.

Mistake
Today, I called my friend the wrong name by _______________.
I _______________ you for a stranger.
Have you ever been _______________ for someone else?

Pay
My dad _______________ the bills every month.
Last year he _______________ my grandmother´s bills too.
He has never _______________ our neighbor´s bills.

Put
I _______________ my hat on my head.
Yesterday, I didn´t _______________my hat on, because it was not cold.
I have _______________ on a hat many times before.

Read
Every day we _______________ a book in class.
We _______________the story of Christopher Columbus last week.
I´ve_______________ many books in my free time.


Ride
I _______________ horses every weekend.
My mom _______________ horses when she was a child.
I have _______________ horses since I was five years old.

Ring
Our doorbell _______________ very loudly.
The neighbor came over yesterday and _______________the doorbell.
He has _______________ the doorbell many times before.

Say
We _______________ a prayer before eating dinner.
My father _______________ giving thanks for our blessings is important.
I´ve _______________ the same prayer before dinner since I was a child.

See
Did you _______________ the snow today?
She _______________ the snow falling out her window.
I have never _______________ snow in Madrid before.

Sell
They _______________soccer jerseys at their store.
They_______________three-hundred soccer jerseys last year.
They have even _______________ a jersey to a Real Madrid player.

Send
She always _______________ me flowers for my birthday.
Last year, she _______________ me roses.
I have never _______________ her flowers before.

Sing
She can _______________ very beautifully.
Last Christmas, she _______________ a duet with her brother.
She has never _______________ on the radio before.  

Sit
At school, we _______________ next to our friends.
Yesterday, I _______________ with Alvaro.
I have never _______________ next to Carlos before.

Sleep
Every night I go to _______________ after my brother.
Yesterday, I _______________ for eight hours.
I´ve never _______________ in the same room as my brother.

Smell
The garbage _______________ horrible.
After lunch, it _______________ like fish.
I have never _______________something worse in my life.

Speak
Can you _______________ English fluently?
You _______________ very well last time we talked.
I have always _______________ with you in English.

Spell
How do you _______________ your name?
I _______________ it incorrectly last time.
I´ve_______________ your name correctly this time.

Spend
We must _______________ our time studying the verbs.
Today, we _______________two hours studying the verbs.
He has already _______________ three hours studying the verbs.


Stand
This year, I always _______________ with you in line.
Last year, I _______________ in line with Cecilia.
I´ve never _______________ in line with Marta.

Steal
Thieves like to _______________expensive things.
A thief _______________my mom´s jewelry.
The thieves have _______________ our money too.

Swim
Every day, I like to _______________ in my pool.
I _______________ for 30 minutes yesterday.
I could have _______________longer if I were less tired.

Take
Remember to _______________ your math book home today.
After school, I _______________ my math book out of my backpack.
She has_______________ her science book home instead of math.

Teach
Keally _______________ us English.
Keally _______________ us about Texas the first week of school.
Keally has never _______________ us Spaish before.

Tell
They_______________the taxi cab driver the address.
They _______________ him to drive them to Plaza Mayor.
They have_______________ him to take the quickest route possible.

Think
I think it will rain today.
I thought it would be nicer weather this week.
I had_______________ it would have already stopped raining.

Understand
She _______________ the directions on today´s exam.
The students _______________ ,because they were written in Spanish.
I´ve never _______________ the directions when they are in English.

Wake
I _______________up at 7a.m. every morning.
This weekend, I _______________ up late.
I have never _______________ up before the sun rises.

Wear
On Fridays, I _______________ jeans to school.
Last year, I _______________ a uniform.
She has _______________ a uniform her entire life.

Wet
The towel is _______________.
After falling in the pool, the towel was _______________.
The towel has been _______________ since it fell in the pool.

Win
I hope Real Madrid _______________ the game today.
FC Barcelona_______________ the game last week.
Real Madrid has _______________ many games against FC Barcelona before.

Write
My mom is an author, she _______________ books.
My mom _______________ a book about growing up during a time of war.
She has _______________ over ten books in her lifetime.














No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario